Woman-Centric Matters

Visit our home on the web: www.womancentricmatters.com Taking a woman-centric approach means designing everything from her perspective: * The actual product or service * Her experiences using it * Marketing * Etc. At its core is understanding female customers. In addition, woman-centric approaches are rooted in a keen appreciation for how women differ from men in their purchase decision process, as well as insights into why they buy.

Monday, February 11, 2008

When the Chips are Down?

In an effort to scoop up more sales from women 25-54, Frito-Lay’s Tostitos is prepping a year-long multiplatform campaign with Food Network’s Simply Delicioso. The alliance also is designed to leverage the breezy charms of Ingrid Hoffman, the show’s host, who is being groomed to follow in the star-studded “foodsteps” of Emeril Lagasse, Rachael Ray and Sandra Lee.

Personally, I don’t need a whole lot of encouragement to eat more Tostitos! And I don’t think having Rachel Ray tell me I should eat them will make a difference. But if you want to read more about this new ad campaign, visit http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003708872 Then come tell me how you feel about it!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is interesting that they think they can tap into a larger female market by using the food channel. It is making alot of assumptions. 1. Assuming I watch the food network. 2. That this will be healthy for me. 3. That I cook. Sorry guys, I stepped out of the kitchen a while ago. Unless the recipes are quick, healthy and easy, I'll doubt I'll pay much attention.

3/04/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone looked at the bag and checked out the nutrition facts? For example: Blue Corn All Natural Tostidos chips, has 6 grams of fat for 6 chips! That is 35.7% fat (over 50% of the daily recommened amount of fats)! I'll skip the recipes and the commercials and my heart and body will probably thank me for it later.

3/05/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've watched her show and it is great! I am so glad to see national companies stepping outside of the box and looking at all age groups/cultural groups to promote their products. It is about time the US embraces cultural diversity and showcases the best each culture has to offer (food, personalities, growth potential, etc.)

3/06/2008  
Blogger Woman-Centric Matters said...

Haha, me too! I think I've cooked maybe 4 times the past 12 months. Unless warming up sandwiches counts...

3/06/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites