Old, Rich Cluttered Men
Ajilon Office, a professional staffing firm with expertise in workplace issues, conducted a survey that uncovers what the state of your desk may reveal about your personality.
Highlights from the survey:
* Women claim to be more organized. 56% of women claim to keep their space organized, versus only 42% of men. And, nearly twice the number of women than men considers themselves "neat freaks."
* Northeasterners are more organized than their Western, Central, and Southern colleagues with 59% of them keeping their spaces streamlined, while 50% of those in the Central U.S., 48% of Southerners, and 46% of Westerners say the same.
* The older you get, the messier you become. Whereas 60% of 18-24 year olds keep their spaces organized, only 36% of workers ages 55-64 claim the same.
* The higher the salary, the messier the person: 66% of Americans making $35,000 or less per year are self-described "neat freaks," whereas only 11% of those earning above $75,000 claim the same.
* The more educated tend to be messier with only 16% consider themselves to be neat. For those who did not finish college, this number increases to 29%.
What does your workspace look like? Are you streamlined or cluttered? Do you think gender, age, education and geography really play any part in workspace housekeeping, or are the survey results coincidental? Let us know what you think!