Woman-Centric Matters

Visit our home on the web: www.womancentricmatters.com Taking a woman-centric approach means designing everything from her perspective: * The actual product or service * Her experiences using it * Marketing * Etc. At its core is understanding female customers. In addition, woman-centric approaches are rooted in a keen appreciation for how women differ from men in their purchase decision process, as well as insights into why they buy.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Would you give up chocolate?

Apparently blogging is very *woman-centric*. According the Center for Media Research, a recent study about women and blogging was done by BlogHer and Compass Partners.
Women are so passionate about blogging, says the report, that large percentages said they would give something up to keep the blogs they read and/or write:

• 55% would give up alcohol
• 50% would give up their PDAs
• 42% would give up their i-Pod
• 43% would give up reading the newspaper or magazines
• only 20% would give up chocolate

Time shift from traditional media is accelerating in the general Internet population:
• 24% of women surveyed watch less television because of blogging
• 25% read fewer magazines because they are blogging
• 22% read fewer newspapers because they're blogging

In addition:
• More than half of women surveyed consider blogs a reliable source of advice and information
• Half of women surveyed say blogs influence their purchase decisions

How do you feel about blogging? A reliable source of information? Worth giving up chocolate or alcohol for? Let us know!

To see more facts from the study, visit http://www.blogher.com/files/BlogHer.CompassPartners.Social%20Media%20Study.ppt.pdf

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, my blog is an expression of who I am. An opportunity to express ideas, thoughts or moments that otherwise I feel I could not be able to. Blogging is an amazing tool and I would definetly give up chocolate to do it. Now coffee, now that would be asking too much! :)

5/14/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like blogs because they give me a personal insite into the product or service I am looking into. Burned by a mover? Had your carpet stained by a cleaning company? It is a great way to find out how you will be treated before you even walk through the doors.

5/20/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs are interesting to read but you have to take them with a grain of salt like any other information source.

5/27/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My internet connection is cheaper than a year magazine subscription and many magazines also have websites and blogs so it would not be a hardship for me to give up magazines, newspapers and television. Besides, it is all bad news on tv and on the Internet, you can at least search and find something inspiring and taliored to your interests.

5/28/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs are a great way not only to promote yourself but also a way to get out an network with other people. I know as a single, working parent, it is a challenge to get some "me" time. That is why I like blogs. I can check out local events in my area, talk with other single parents and still manage the other 25 things I got to get done in one day.

6/02/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently read an article that said that blogging not only is a great way to express yourself but also to promote your career! They said more head hunters check out your information online first before calling you for an interview. It is well worth the time and effort to be a blogger!

6/04/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, it depends on the subject of the blog. If it gets me thinking or wanting to talk about it, I am more likely to comment on it than if it is just filled with a bunch of non-related comments or commercials.

As for what I would give up, that would be a pretty short list since I still like to read magazines and newspapers. If it had to be something, my vote would be for tv. At least with blogs you read something uplifting.

6/09/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites