Woman-Centric Matters

Visit our home on the web: www.womancentricmatters.com Taking a woman-centric approach means designing everything from her perspective: * The actual product or service * Her experiences using it * Marketing * Etc. At its core is understanding female customers. In addition, woman-centric approaches are rooted in a keen appreciation for how women differ from men in their purchase decision process, as well as insights into why they buy.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Size Really Does Matter

There are times in life when size definitely matters. Angie’s List, an internet-based consumer rating service, reports the following about responses to a recent survey of their users:

47% of Angie’s List respondents said their home is less than 2,000 square feet

7% reported that their home is more than 4,000 square feet

63% believe their home is just the right size

62% want to downsize in order to have time for things other than their home. Other reasons for wanting to downsize include high utility costs (53%), an empty nest (50%), and wasted space (49%).

Angie also reports that since 1950 the average home in America has more than doubled in size, measuring about 2,434 today. .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From my experience, I have found that the homes I have enjoyed have changed as I have. When I was just married, a two bedroom home was a perfect starter home. Now with two kids and a full time job, I like having my four bedroom house. The kids have plenty of space and I have the home office I need to stay organized.

1/23/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the rising cost of power bills and putting gas in my car, I am currently looking for a modest size house for my first home. Being a single female, my first priority is founding a place in a good neighborhood and close to work. Size is secondary to those factors.

1/23/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites