Woman-Centric Matters

Visit our home on the web: www.womancentricmatters.com Taking a woman-centric approach means designing everything from her perspective: * The actual product or service * Her experiences using it * Marketing * Etc. At its core is understanding female customers. In addition, woman-centric approaches are rooted in a keen appreciation for how women differ from men in their purchase decision process, as well as insights into why they buy.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

An Important Opportunity

I’m not a coffee drinker. But I do like a good smoothie. And Caribou Coffee has my favorites as well as good sandwiches and pastries. I hear from avowed coffee addicts that they have great coffee too. Now we all have another reason to stop by Caribou Coffee. As a tribute to a former member of the Caribou Coffee roasting team, they will be donating 10 percent of the proceeds from the sale of Amy’s Blend –with a guaranteed minimum donation of $100,000 - to Susan G. Komen For the Cure ( http://www.komen.org ).

Amy Erickson was a pioneering member of the Caribou team and lost her battle against breast cancer in the Spring of 1995. Caribou Coffee says, “Her vision, determination, and passion for life and coffee inspired those who worked with her and helped lay the foundation for the company we are today.”

Amy is gone, but never forgotten. Amy’s Blend was created as a tribute to her spunk and passion. Explaining the flavor, Caribou states, “This coffee is bright-spirited and cheery, just like Amy herself, and combines citrus high notes with a smooth harmonious silkiness.”

As I mentioned, I’m not a coffee drinker. But I’m buying Amy’s Blend for my Mom in memory of her mother who also lost her battle against breast cancer. It’s one small thing I can do to help fight on with the hope that someday we don’t have to lose strong women like Amy and my grandma.

To find a Caribou location near you, visit their website at: http://www.cariboucoffee.com/locations/ But hurry. Amy’s Blend will only be available until May 20.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually don't comment on blogs but my girlfriend told me about this one and I had to say this is a wonderful place!

Thank you for the uplifting story about Amy. I am going to pick some up this weekend and give it to my assistant as a thank you gift.

4/27/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful post! When most days all you hear about or see is bad news, it is nice to read something uplifting. Please continue your excellent work!

4/30/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites