Woman-Centric Matters

Visit our home on the web: www.womancentricmatters.com Taking a woman-centric approach means designing everything from her perspective: * The actual product or service * Her experiences using it * Marketing * Etc. At its core is understanding female customers. In addition, woman-centric approaches are rooted in a keen appreciation for how women differ from men in their purchase decision process, as well as insights into why they buy.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Women Want More Time

According to today's Denver Business News, Countrywide Home Loans did a nationwide survey mid-January and came up with some interesting information about how men and women operate during the home buying process. For instance, the survey results show that 43 percent of the women said they did not spend enough time shopping for their new home, while only 23 percent of men said they spent too much time during the buying process. Since 91 percent of new home purchases are made or primarily influenced by women (Smith-Dahmer Associates, NAHB IBS), that's a sizeable number of women who want to spend more time during the buying process. This may require companies to be more patient with their female clients, but if they want to tap into the tremendous buying power of women, it will be worth it.

Source:
http://denver.dbusinessnews.com/shownews.php?newsid=106205&type_news=latest

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After working 40 hours, trying to take care of the kids and look for my first home, I have to admit, it was hard for me to do a whole lot of research on finding a new home. I primarily asked family, friends and co-workers where I should build, taking in mind the school district and commute time to work. After that, I spoke with the bank to see what I could afford. Then I spoke to the realtor. For my second home after I remarried, my husband and I took more time looking into features, market value and square footage. It really helps when there is someone there that can help take care of the workload so you can have time to look!

2/05/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think women want more time for everything not just purchasing a new home! You would think with all of the technology we have that is suppose to keep us organized, they would invent something that would take out the trash, do laundry, walk the dog so I can have time to look for a new house. I am just happy I have good friends who helped us through our first home buying experience and an excellent loan company with knowledgable staff.

2/07/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites