Woman-Centric Matters

Visit our home on the web: www.womancentricmatters.com Taking a woman-centric approach means designing everything from her perspective: * The actual product or service * Her experiences using it * Marketing * Etc. At its core is understanding female customers. In addition, woman-centric approaches are rooted in a keen appreciation for how women differ from men in their purchase decision process, as well as insights into why they buy.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Female Majority on Interent


I’m not the only woman who fully embraces the Internet. Females now constitute an undeniable majority of the US Internet population.

eMarketer, a leading market research firm with a focus on the Web, estimates that there will be approximately 97.2 million female Internet users ages 3 and older in 2007, or 51.7% of the total online population. In 2011, 109.7 million US females will go online, amounting to 51.9% of the total online population.

Not only do females make up the majority of Internet users, but more of the female population goes online. This year, an estimated 66.2% of US females ages 3 and older will use the Internet at least once a month, compared with 64.2% of males, according to eMarketer. By 2011, 72.1% of females are expected to go online, vs. 69.3% of males.

To read more about these findings and the results from other sources such as Arbitron, Mediamark, Nielsen and Harris Interactive, go to: http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?1004775

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

97.2 million female Internet users ages 3 and older in 2007, or 51.7% of the total online population

3 and older! Wow! It blows my mind how tech savvy the next generation is. We were just starting to use computers when I was in college!

5/01/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an interesting fact! My husband always tells me that I spend too much time on the computer. But it is the handiest tool around the house! I use it to find coupons for groceries, email family photos and I have the best score in solitare! More women should use this underrated tool!

5/02/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up with computers so it is hard for me to think about not using them on a daily basis. Between my black berry, laptop and work system, I am constantly "logged in" to what is happening in the world. And I would not want it any other way!

5/04/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites